Farid Gharehmohammadi is a fourth-year computer science Ph.D. student at the University of Georgia (UGA), Athens, GA, USA. He received his master’s degree from Tarbiat Modares University (TMU) in Computer Engineering. After having 4 years’ experience working in the prestigious software companies, he joined UGA. Now at UGA, he has been achieving high academic excellence with a current GPA of 4.0/4.0
His research spans mainly on machine learning, meta-learning, optimization, and computer vision. His paper on zero-shot learning application has been accepted to device-free human sensing ACM Workshop (DFHS 2019), and published online titled as “Promises of Meta-Learning for Device Free Human Sensing: Learn to Sense”.
He has published more than 10 journal papers, book chapters and conference papers. Further, his three Springer book chapters on optimization and Meta-Learning are published online here. He also serves as a reviewer at Elsevier and Springer journals.
[May 22, 2020] Accepted Publicity Chair Position for ADVANCED MACHINE LEARNING AND APPLICATIONS: FEDERATED LEARNING AND META-LEARNING (AML-IOT FLAME 2020) in conjunction with IEEE ICMLA, 2020, Miami
[May 10, 2020] Started to serve as a reviewer at International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies (SEST) 2020.
[March 10, 2020] Started to serve as a reviewer at International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems
He won the 2019 POOIA Outstanding Achievement Award in recognition of sustained record of academic excellence.
He was selected as an Outstanding Reviewer in Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation in 2017.
He gave a talk as a guest lecturer about Recent advances in evolutionary computation on Sep. 12th, 2019, at the Department of Computer science, University of Georgia.
He gave a talk as a guest lecturer about application of evolutionary computation to advanced image processing on Oct. 1st, 2019, at the Department of Computer science, University of Georgia.
2018 - current Ph.D. in Computer Science,
The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Advisor: Prof. Hamid R. Arabnia
2011 - 2013 Masters in Computer Engineering
Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Advisor: Dr. Mohammad Saniee Abadeh
Thesis: Image Steganalysis Using Artificial Bee Colony
- Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, M. Hadi Amini and Hamid R. Arabnia, "Evolutionary Computation, Optimization, and Learning Algorithms for Data Science", Optimization, Learning, and Control for Interdependent Complex Networks, pp. 37-65, 2020(Link)
- Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, M. Hadi Amini and Hamid R. Arabnia, "Applications of nature-inspired algorithms for dimension Reduction: Enabling efficient data analytics", Optimization, Learning, and Control for Interdependent Complex Networks, pp. 67-84, 2020(Link)
- Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, M. Hadi Amini and Hamid R. Arabnia, "An Introduction to Advanced Machine Learning: Meta-Learning Algorithms, Applications, and Promises", Optimization, Learning, and Control for Interdependent Complex Networks. pp. 129-144, 2020.(Link)
- Zhuo Zhao, Brian L Boland, Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, Walter Scott Monfort, Kyle Johnsen, TH Zion, Donald J Leo"A Smartphone Application for Assessing Peanut Maturity", Transactions of the ASABE, 2020(Link)
- Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, M. Hadi Amini and Hamid R. Arabnia, "On Parameter Tuning in Meta-learning for Computer Vision", 2019 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), pp. 300-305, 2019(Link)
- Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, M. Hadi Amini "Promises of Meta-Learning for Device-Free Human Sensing: Learn to Sense", Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Device-Free Human Sensing, pp. 44-47, 2019(Link)
- Seyedamin Pouriyeh, Mehdi Allahyari, Qingxia Liu, Gong Cheng, Hamid Reza Arabnia, Maurizio Atzori, Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, and Krys Kochut,” Graph-based Methods for Ontology Summarization: A Survey”, International Journal of Semantic Computing, v. 13, pp. 259-283, 2019 (Link)
Farid Ghareh Mohammadi , Boland B, Zhao Z, Tse T, Leo D and Johnsen K, " Vision-based Hull Measurements for automated Peanut Maturity Estimation", Advancing Informatics in Government and Engineering. 30 Nov 2018
Farid Ghareh Mohammadi , and Hedieh Sajedi,” Region based Image Steganalysis using Artificial Bee colony”, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 44, pp. 214-226, April 2017 (Link)
Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, and Mohammad Saniee Abadeh,” Image Steganalysis Using a Bee Colony Based Feature Selection Algorithm”, Engineering applications of artificial intelligence vol. 31, pp. 35-43, May 2014. (Link)
Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, and Mohammad Saniee Abadeh, ”A new metaheuristic feature subset selection approach for image steganalysis”, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, vol. 27, no. 3,pp. 1445-1455, 2014. (Link)
Danial Jalalnouri, Mohammad Saniee Abadeh, Farid Ghareh Mohammadi,” HYEI: A novel Hy bridization algorithm of Evolutionary fuzzy systems and Imperialist competitive algorithm for fuzzy model generation”, Advances in fuzzy system, pp. 1687-7101 , 2014 (Link)
Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, and Mohammad Saniee Abadeh, "An improved image steganalysis using a novel feature selection algorithm based on artificial bee colony", Intelligent Systems and Decision
Making for Risk Analysis and Crisis Response: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Risk Analysis and Crisis Response, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 593-598, 27-29 August 2013.(Link)
- Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, Mohammad Saniee Abadeh "A Survey of Data Mining Techniques for Steganalysis", Recent Advances in Steganography, ISBN: 978-953-51-0840-5, InTech, pp. 1-22, 2012. (Link)